Monday, January 12, 2009

The Art Docent Program

Today was art docent day at my daughter's school. Art Docent is a nifty program in the Alameda School District that brings parents into the classroom once a month to teach an art lesson. We do this because our district has no money to pay a real art teacher and have a real art class. I think we do pretty great anyway and we have a lot of fun learning things about art. Today was a lesson on tole paint, and using my mother and her painted kitchen as inspiration we painted picture frames:

My mother's kitchen, pretty amazing, huh? Makes you want some chips and salsa.

This is Frances' frame, I personally think its the best, however all the kids did great, it was fun to see how everyone's frame turned out, and it so reflected their personalities.

This is Frances mid-project, isn't she oozing with talent?!!

Here are all the frames hung on the bulletin board with tacks to dry, the all display so nice and I think everyone did a great job, this was a seriously fun project. Thank you to everyone I found on craigslist that donated the frames, thank you for your generousity.




No comments: