Saturday, February 14, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic Movie Saturday with my girls

Today I took my girls and our neighbor girl to go see "Confessions of a Shopaholic" and it was delightful. I admit I have not read the books, they are however on my list, just not quit there yet!

We had so much fun, the girls and I dressed up in our prettiest and most colorful outfits to look like shopaholics and we really enjoyed Isla Fisher, she was just adorable. I admit, I have shopped and lied about it, shopping just really makes you feel good sometimes, and gets rid of the worries of life for a little while. I could relate to her addiction. It really opened my eyes about what to teach my little girls. I could really relate to her as a little girl and not getting everything I wanted and wishing I could have the more sparkley, pretty version. I admired her for cleaning out her closet and auctioning everything off. I have gone through my closet and sold things recently as we have been, well, broke, and it made me feel good to trade an item for money which we could use right now, but I completely understand her feeling of not wanting to let go.

Anyway, in the scene where she sells and auctions off her things, Frances actually spotted a pretty pair of pink and orange Prada shoes and said, "mommy, those are your shoes, yours are blue and green!" My heart was mixed with pride and embarrassment! I posted a picture for your viewing pleasure; I have the matching bag too!
And here is my little shopaholic all dressed up in her version of Rebecca Bloomwood:
Photos from Confessions of a Shopaholic

No comments: